In November 2004 Ovi established GO Engineering Consultants Pty Ltd together with Senior Partner Mr Geoff Bowland to deliver detailed structural and civil engineering and project management services to Southeast NSW.
Ovi has established himself in the region as a leading structural designer for domestic, commercial and industrial buildings. Ovi utilises the latest design tools and analytical methods, including those developed during his Masters of Engineering studies. He has particular expertise in residential & commercial structural design, structural inspections, assessment of structural damage (due to wind or other loads) to existing structures, and detail design for new bridges up to 10 tonnes capacity.
Ovi has been involved in many exciting projects and he expects GO Engineering to continue to grow in the Snowy Mountains region and further develop its capabilities.
- Structural Engineering design of Residential & Commercial buildings.
- Structural Inspections & Reporting (e.g. $20 mil Coles Development at Cooma).
- Prepare Tender Documents & Contract Administration, includes DA & CC preparation.
- Bridge design.
He has extensive experience in loads assessment (including Earthquake, Snow, Wind, Live loads and Load Combinations as such). For example, he has been appointed to assess existing structural damage of Nimmitabel Community Pavilion, due to snow loading. as per Australian Standards.
Structural design to commercial and residential buildings and structures:
- Site inspections and classification
- Loads assessment.
- Liaison with Clients.
- Computer based design.
Ovi is an extensive user of AutoCAD, Microstran, TEDDS, Microsoft Project and other Engineering related Software.
Project Management / Contract Administration
He has successfully managed G.O. Engineering Consultants for the past three years.
Design and project administration:
- Water reservoirs
- Residential buildings
- Commercial buildings (including renovations and upgrades)
Planning and development
- Liaison with local and regional government bodies
- Development Approval and Construction Certificate documents preparation on behalf of the Client
- Review of Environmental factors and Environmental impact statement